The Value of Family


Had a great visit last 2 days with my sister in law and nieces. Our family (my guy's) has had a lot of ups and downs this past year, culminating in the passing of his oldest sister (cancer). The incredible part of it is how close it has drawn us together. When E and I first got together, I was amazed at the closeness his family shared (coming from one that has a bit of a crazy side). I thought it was a little weird. 14 years later, I cant imagine where I would be without these people in my life. They have welcomed me into their fold with open arms, have celebrated my success and shared my pain as their own. Man I love these people.

I hope everyone gets to have someone like them in their lives, no matter where they come from. As long as you keep yourself open to love, I believe they will come. One thing I had to learn was whatever I wanted I also had to give to get. It's said that giving is better than receiving; however, I've learned that they're really the same thing, because as I give, I get, even if it's just from the feeling that comes over me when I see the joy in another's eye from the gift I've given - be it tangible or emotional.

Think about those in your life you love, then make sure you tell them how much they mean to you. They will appreciate the gift.

No comments: