On Being an Authentic Person

I've been thinking about this post all morning as I struggled to get up and out the door to the gym at 5:15a.m. Oh, the bed felt so sweet, and then the coffee smelled so good, but most of all it was just a matter of doing it. Sometimes it is far easier to just think about it, to just think that that's the person I want to be rather than become/be that person. I was thinking maybe I should call my new blog Resurrection, because as a 40-something y.o. man I've discovered there are things I used to do that I do no longer that I am now coming back to...and I wonder, how did I/they (those things) ever get away from me? It reminds me of all those times someone older said, "just wait, you'll see, it will happen to you," and I always scoffed and said "no way, not me!" Guess what? Uh huh, you guessed it.

So my story today is about doing those things that you want to do, about being the person you want to be, instead of just thinking or talking about it. It is so easy to say you want to do something - I want to learn another language, I want to work out (actually, I want a body like that), I want to go skiing, I want to get a degree, I want...(fill in the blank). What do you want? What ever it is, dont let it pass you by. It's (almost) never too late to do it, but the longer you wait the more opportunity life has of passing you by. Stop thinking about or talking about the person you want to be - get real, be it now. No time like the present. Peace.

No comments: