Doing What's in Front of You

Today as I was headed to the gym, after struggling to go, a sense of joyfulness washed over me for just getting out the door (and my behind to the gym). I know, sounds lame, one would think I would jump at the chance to do something healthy. It's not that I'm lazy, honestly, just a little scared. This is my first venture back to a gym in many years, and I can get a little overwhelmed..what should I do, am I doing the right thing, will I look like a big overweight slob, will it make a difference? These are the thoughts that run through my head. So, before digressing, as I was scootin down the road, I saw a a few things that helped propel me: someone out mowing the yard, another sweeping their front porch, a lady hanging laundry...these images made me think about doing what's important, and sometimes what's important is simply doing what's in front of you. Life can be full of so many things that need doing that it can get a bit overwhelming (like going to the gym). But if you just do what's in front of you, one thing at a time, do it, finish it, move on to the next (like going from one machine to the other at the gym) - well, next thing you know you've done them all, and...you're done! So, dont let things overwhelm you or cause unnecessary anxiety. Just get out the door, remember to do what's in front of you, and not worry about the rest, because ultimately you'll have it all done. Peace.

No comments: