Getting Out of Our Own Way

Recently a friend and I were discussing relationships (now there's a life adventure, huh?) and dealing with the emotions of others, let alone our own. It brought up the reality that we all have ghosts from the past that haunt us, and have helped us to build those big, sturdy walls that keep our emotions guarded. Sometimes we let the ghosts have too much power instead of thinking about the possibility of the future. But if we focus on them too much, we miss out on really getting to know someone, and kind of keep them pegged into those silos from our past experiences.

When things get tough, chucking it can be the easy thing to do, but sticking around and working it out makes it so much stronger and worth it. Remember, it's all about intent- what your heart tells you in all this, not our thinking, analysis, and especially (ugh) our egos. Lord knows how many times I've had to"swallow my pride" and just shut up and listen before things made sense to me. And you know, even today, 14yrs later, there are times I still dont know what's going on with my guy E or where he's coming from, but I know all I need to do is listen, get out of my own way, and just accept. Acceptance for me today is the key to everything.

So, I encourage you to "get out of your own way," and just keep your thoughts focused on your intent - what is it you mean to induce. The rest the universe will take care of. Peace.

1 comment:

thunderstruckcynic23 said...

Very happy post. Davey would be proud.